Programs & Events
For WMCP Program Information:
Contact Woodlawn’s Reservations Office Tuesday – Friday 10 am – 4 pm (301) 929-5989 (#5 Option)
or Email MCP-WoodlawnPrograms@montgomeryparks.org
For ActiveMontgomery Account Help: Review these Frequently Asked Questions for Online Registration Customers
Contact ActiveMontgomery Help Desk (301) 495- 2580 ActiveMontgomeryHelp@montgomeryparks.org or by using this contact form
(Thu) April 6 – (Sat) April 8 Spring Break for History Special hours!
Woodlawn Museum: Open (Thu) April 6, 10 am – 4 pm, in addition to its normal hours Friday and Saturday 10 am – 4 pm. Paid admission required.
Guided UGRR Trail Hike: A special weekday hike offered (Fri) April 7, 10 am or attend our regularly scheduled Saturday hike on April 8. (See “Public Guided Hikes” below for details)
(Sat) May 13, 10 am – 1pm Spring Fling Family Day
Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend in Mother Nature at Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park. Visit the Woodlawn Museum for spring crafts and participate in a nature scavenger hunt around the park. Activities appropriate for ages 5-12. Included with museum admission. $5 Adults, $4 Seniors (55+) and Children (6-17), Free Children 5 and under. No advanced registration required.
Public Guided Hikes- Underground Railroad Experience Trail
April – November, Select Saturdays (Not available December – March)
Learn about the experience of 19th century freedom seekers and Montgomery County residents in a guided hike of the Underground Railroad Experience Trail. Discover techniques used for navigation, eluding detection, and finding food/shelter. 2 miles roundtrip on a natural surface hiking trail. Trail is not ADA accessible or stroller friendly. Woodlawn Museum admission included. Appropriate for ages 7 and up; fee charged for ages 6 and up.
Dates: April 1, April 8, April 22, May 6, May 20 Time: 10:00 am – 11:30 am Fee: $8 per person
* Spring Break for History Hike (Friday) April 7*
Advance online tickets highly recommended. Online sales close 12 noon day before program. Limited walk-in availability based on advance ticket sales. No tickets or spots held or sold by phone/email.
To Purchase Tickets Online:
- Log into ActiveMONTGOMERY (An ActiveMONTGOMERY account is required)
- Click on “Tickets”
- Click on “Woodlawn Manor Guided Hike”
- Select the date/time you would like to purchase tickets.
- Click on “Add to Cart”
- On Purchase Options screen, enter “Ticket Quantity” you would like to purchase. NOTE: The ticket block area will display the number of tickets available for purchase online.
- Ensure the Shopping Cart correctly lists all the tickets you wish to purchase.
- If correct, click on “Proceed to Checkout”. Online payment is required to complete the transaction.
- Bring receipt with you. Check in at the Visitor Center approximately 10 minutes before the program start time.
- *Be sure to review all refund policies detailed on both the program listing and on your receipt.*
Preparing for the Hike:
- Program starts promptly! Plan to arrive approximately 10 minutes prior. Check-in/pay at the Visitor Center.
- Appropriate for ages 7 and up due to interpretive content. Fee charged for ages 6 and up.
- Pets are not allowed on guided hikes or inside the Woodlawn Museum except for service animals.
- There are no restrooms or amenities on the trail. Bring your own water, insect repellent, sunscreen, hand sanitizer and wipes.
- Dress appropriate for the weather. Temperatures may be 5- 10 degrees cooler in the woods.
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for hiking on a natural surface trail (rocks, branches, mud, etc.)
- Program canceled for forecasted heavy rain/thunderstorms or poor trail conditions (ex: fallen trees or deteriorated trail conditions from heavy rain). WMCP will notify all advance ticket holders the day before the program.
Program Covid-19 Preventative Measures:
- Be aware that maintaining physical distancing on the trail may not always be possible.
- If a participant is sick or has symptoms, stay home.
- Tour guides will be utilizing portable voice amplifiers.
For information on Group Hikes