Under the direction of Michael F. Riley, Director of Parks, M-NCPPC Montgomery Parks remains dedicated to sharing the best park experience possible. We recognize the importance of providing residents safe and accessible places to gather, enjoy the outdoors, and participate in healthy, recreational activities.
Our park system includes (Updated September 3, 2021):
- 421 parks across 37,100 acres
- 4 lakes
- 490 miles of streams
- 299 outdoor tennis courts
- 362 athletic fields
- 275 playgrounds
- 227 basketball courts
- 269.6 miles of paved and natural surface trails
- 136 picnic areas
- 114 historic structures
- 102 campsites
- 25 park activity buildings
Also available: nature centers, miniature trains, indoor tennis facilities, boat rental facilities, indoor ice rinks, event centers, public gardens, and more.
An enjoyable, accessible, safe, and green park system that promotes community through shared spaces and treasured experiences.
Protect and interpret our valuable natural and cultural resources; balance demand for recreation with the need for conservation; offer various enjoyable recreational activities that encourage healthy lifestyles; and provide clean, safe, and accessible places.
- Stewardship: Manage the county park system to meet needs of current and future generations.
- Recreation: Offer leisure activities that strengthen the body, sharpen the mind, and renew the spirit.
- Excellence: Deliver high quality products, services, and experiences.
- Integrity: Operate with a honest and balanced perspective.
- Service: Be courteous, helpful, and accessible internally and externally.
- Education: Promote learning opportunities.
- Collaboration: Work with residents, communities, public and private organizations, and policymakers.
- Diversity: Support and embrace cultural differences and offer suitable programs, activities, and services.
- Dedication: Commit to getting the job done the right way, no matter what it takes.
One Commission, One Philosophy: Thriving in a Culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
M-NCPPC, a leader in land use planning, parks, and recreation, celebrates the diversity of our workforce and the communities we serve. Diversity combined with a commitment to equity and inclusion communicates our organizational values, enriches the lives of our employees, and bolsters innovative thinking essential to success.
M-NCPPC recognizes diversity as a dynamic mix of personal and cultural characteristics, perspectives, and relationships as a vital organizational resource. In the workplace, diversity includes all differences that define each of us as unique individuals. These differences include culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nationality, age, religion, abilities, sexual orientation, experiences, opinions and beliefs, and any protected groups.
M-NCPPC believes equity is an active commitment to unbiased treatment while providing access and opportunity for people of all backgrounds to participate and thrive in the workplace.
M-NCPPC strives to enhance inclusion with a true sense of belonging that encourages the participation of all individuals by removing barriers, building a culture of connectedness, and recognizing that every voice adds value to our organization.
See all of M-NCPPC’s diversity initiatives.