The Garden of Lights exhibit is returning to Brookside Gardens
for the winter season 2021!
Tickets currently available for purchase on Eventbrite.
Brookside Gardens has transformed into a magical winter wonderland for the 23rd year of Garden of Lights. Walkthrough the outdoor twinkling lights and glimmering displays that dot the paths and flowerbeds throughout the 50 acres in Wheaton. More than one million dazzling and colorful LED lights are handwoven into original works depicting animals, flowers, and other natural elements. You will be dazzled by the computerized light display matching lights with music, fog bubbles, and there will be great opportunities to get that perfect selfie.
Montgomery Parks’ and Brookside Gardens’ winter-season tradition will open on November 19, 2021. The exhibit is open every night through January 2, 2022, except November 22-25 and December 24-25, 2021.
Don’t forget – the Brookside Gardens’ Gift Shop will be open during the exhibit and is the perfect place to find unique gift items!
Tickets are only available for purchase in advance on Eventbrite.com and are currently on sale.
What’s different this year:
- Tickets are $10 per person, age three and older, and are only available online at Eventbrite.com.
- Every person three and older must have a ticket.
- Tickets are timed-entry with a specific day and entrance time for your arrival.
- Checkout and pay online.
- You will receive digital tickets in your confirmation email.
- Please print a hard copy to bring with you to the event.
- You must arrive within thirty minutes of the ticketed time slot to redeem your ticket.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Garden of Lights is an outdoor, rain or shine event. Please dress accordingly.
- How do I get tickets for Garden of Lights 2021?
We have a new online timed-entry ticketing system this year. All tickets must be purchased through Eventbrite before your visit, and every person three and older must have a ticket. We are no longer charging per vehicle for admission. Ticket prices are $10 per person ages three and older. To buy your tickets after October 12, visit Eventbrite.com(opens in a new tab)
- What are the dates and times for Garden of Lights 2021?
Garden of Lights 2021 runs from November 19, 2021, to January 2, 2022. It will be open daily, 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Garden of Lights 2021 will be closed November 22 to 25 and December 24 to 25.
- Where do I buy tickets for Garden of Lights?
All tickets to Garden of Lights 2021 must be purchased online in advance at Eventbrite.com(opens in a new tab). Same-day tickets must be purchased by 4 pm.
- Will tickets be sold at the gate?
No, tickets for Garden of Lights 2021 will not be sold at the gates. All tickets must be purchased in advance online at Eventbrite.com(opens in a new tab) before your visit. Tickets will be on sale on October 12.
- So, I have purchased my tickets. What do I do when I arrive?
Arrive within thirty minutes of the timed entry on your ticket. If you can, print out your tickets. And, before approaching the gate, have your paper tickets ready. If you’re using your phone to redeem your ticket, please have the tickets on your screen and maximize the light.
- How much is admission to Garden of Lights 2021?
Tickets are $10 per person for ages three and older, and every person must have a ticket. Visit mocoparks.org/GardenofLights(opens in a new tab).
- What if I don’t have a computer or a smartphone to buy tickets online?
Stop by Brookside Gardens Visitor Center before your visit, and information desk staff will assist you in buying tickets online. Same-day tickets must be purchased by 4 pm.
- Are tickets refundable for Garden of Lights 2021?
Garden of Lights 2021 is open during rain, snow, and clear weather. Please dress appropriately for the weather the day of your visit. All ticket sales are final and nonrefundable. However, if Brookside Gardens does cancel the event, you will receive the full ticket price of $10 per person.
- Are service fees refundable?
No, service fees are nonrefundable.
- Can I transfer or change tickets to another time or date?
Tickets may be transferred or changed to a different date or time no later than 4 pm on the day of your scheduled time by visiting the ticketing webpage(opens in a new tab). The availability of tickets for another date and time is not guaranteed. All transfers must be done by the ticket purchaser through the online ticket provider. Brookside Gardens cannot assist with ticket transfers.
- Are you offering any discounts for Garden of Lights 2021?
We do not plan to offer any discounts.
- Can I use my tickets from the previous Garden of Lights?
No, you must buy tickets online at Eventbrite(opens in a new tab) for Garden of Lights 2021. Each person three and older in your party must have a ticket.
- Can I ride my bike to Garden of Lights 2021?
Yes, there will be an attendant to assist with visitors who arrive by bicycle. Please use the entrance at 1800 Glenallan Avenue. Use caution on Glenallan Avenue as there will be increased traffic. You must have advance online tickets.
- Can I walk to Garden of Lights 2021?
Due to safety concerns, we do not recommend arrival on foot. However, if you do walk to Garden of Lights 2021, please use the entrance at 1800 Glenallan Avenue. Use caution on the road as there will be increased traffic. You must have advance online tickets(opens in a new tab).
- How do I take public transportation to Garden of Lights?
You can take a bus from Glenmont Metro station to Randolph and Heurich Roads. Then, you will walk about .3 mile to Brookside Gardens’ main entrance at 1800 Glenallan Road, Wheaton. You can plan your trip via WMATA’s Trip Planner(opens in a new tab).
- Which entrance should I go to if I’m arriving by ride share?
Visitors arriving by ride share must use the entrance at 1800 Glenallan Avenue.
- Can I bring a bus, van, or limousine to Garden of Lights 2021?
Busses, vans, and limousines are by advanced registration only. Costs are:
- 15-24 passenger bus/van/limo $100
- 25-35 passenger bus $200
- 36-57 passenger bus $300
- Please email: BrooksideGardenOfLights@MontgomeryParks.org.
- What type of experience is Garden of Lights?
Garden of Lights is an outdoor walk-through light exhibit on a half-mile trail featuring secular displays of flowers, plants, insects, animals, and other characters. The light display is open during rain, snow, and clear weather.
- Are there any new light displays this year?
Yes, there are some new butterfly displays and fog bubbles!
- What COVID-19 safety precautions are you taking during Garden of Lights 2021?
Brookside Gardens will follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. The new timed ticketing system will help avoid overcrowding and increase the ability for social distancing. Please avoid congregating outside the entrance, inside the Visitor Center, or throughout the walk. There is no indoor dining. All concessions will be sold and must be consumed outdoors. Also, a one-way trail has been established to decrease congestion and improve the guest experience.
- Will there be music during Garden of Lights 2021?
No, there won’t be any music this year at Garden of Lights. You will be able to enjoy our amazing light display and refreshments. All food will be outdoors.
- Will the miniature train display be on exhibit in the Conservatory?
No, the Garden Railway will not be on display during Garden of Lights 2021. Like you, we are sad the volunteers and group will not be joining us. So, during Garden of Lights 2021, the Conservatory will be closed.
- Will the Visitor Center be open during Garden of Lights 2021?
Yes, the Visitor Center will be open, and bathrooms will be available.
- Will there be concessions at Garden of Lights?
Yes. Hot drinks and light refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Can I bring my own food?
Outside food and drink, other than bottled water, is not permitted at Brookside Gardens.
- Can I bring my dog to Garden of Lights 2021?
Only service dogs are allowed at Brookside Gardens.
- How do I dress for Garden of Lights 2021?
Garden of Lights is an outdoor light display you enjoy by walking. The full experience is about one-half mile. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather. Garden of Lights 2021 is open during rain, snow, or clear skies.
- If the weather is bad, how do I find out if Garden of Lights 2021 is canceled?
- Can I arrive early to Brookside Gardens and stay until Garden of Lights 2021 opens?
We understand this may have been an option in previous years. However, for Garden of Lights 2021, Brookside Gardens will close to all visitors at 4 pm then reopen at 5:30 pm to Garden of Lights 2021 ticket holders.
- Can I leave Garden of Lights 2021 and come back on the same night?
No, re-entry is not allowed.
- Are the paths at Gardens of Lights 2021 accessible for wheelchairs and strollers?
Yes, the paths are accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
- Can I borrow a wheelchair at Garden of Lights 2021?
Yes, we have a wheelchair available at the Visitor Center on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Will bathrooms be open?
Yes, bathrooms will be open at the Visitor Center during Garden of Lights 2021.
- Will the Gift Shop be open?
Yes, the Gift Shop at the Visitor Center will be open during Garden of Lights 2021 for you to take home a souvenir and for holiday shopping.
- Is photography allowed during Garden of Lights 2021?
Personal photography is allowed. All special occasion photography requires a permit. This includes, but not limited to, proposals, weddings, engagement, family, and birthday photo shoots. If you are unsure if your photos require a permit, contact us to find out: email@example.com(opens in a new tab) or 301.962.1404.
- Can I have a party or special ceremony during Garden of Lights 2021?
Yes, limited opportunities are available. Contact our events office: firstname.lastname@example.org(opens in a new tab) or 301.962.1404._
- Can I tag you on social media?
YES! Brookside Gardens is @Brookside Gardens on Facebook. Our account is “Brookside Gardens, Montgomery Parks.” On Instagram and Twitter, please tag @MontgomeryParks and use hashtags #BrooksideGardens #MoCoParks.
- Can I do a live shot or livestreaming at Garden of Lights 2021?
Please contact Media Manager Melissa Chotiner at Melissa.Chotiner@MontgomeryParks.org(opens in a new tab).
Tell Us About Your Experience. Complete a quick three-question survey to help us improve the show experience.