Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center features six indoor tennis courts, a lounge area, and two locker rooms with showers for patron use. The facility is climate controlled for year-round use.
Reservations using ActiveMontgomery are available per normal policy, reservations will be available eight (8) days out, starting at midnight.
PBA Tennis Center is open!
2023 – 2024 Seasonal Contracts
The Seasonal Contract Lottery will open on January 17, 2023. Contract applications will be available at the facility, online and distributed to current contract holders.
The 2023-24 season runs from September 5, 2023, through April 15, 2024. Completed applications must be submitted prior to February 28, at 7:00pm. The drawing will take place on March 1, and results will be posted at the facility on Thursday, March 2, 2023.
Please call us at 301-765-8650 or email Cabin John Tennis for more information.
We look forward to seeing you at Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center in the upcoming season.
Rent the “Smash” Ball Machine
Want to work on your returns but can’t find a partner? Rent the “Smash” ball machine! This helpful silent partner can be set to feed balls to you at different speeds and feed rates–you can even adjust the controls to vary heights and spin!
$10 per hour. Call to reserve with your spot time.
Who was Pauline Betz Addie?
Pauline Betz Addie is a Wimbledon champion (1946) and six-time Grand Slam winner. She helped to build the Cabin John Indoor Tennis Facility, and managed it for 20+ years.
For more information on her tennis career, visit the facility and walk through her career timeline on the wall!
Reserve tennis lessons and spot times.
We Are Hiring!
Performs responsible program and/or facility management duties in assisting management staff. Serve as the facility’s first point-of-contact for customer questions and/or concerns. Assists full time managers in overseeing the day to day operation of the facility; inspects for cleanliness, safety and sanitation. Opens and/or Closes the facility. Prepares daily bank deposits and runs cash reports. Performs program registration, rental applications, and court reservations. Must be comfortable performing basic computer functions (e.g. use of a mouse and data entry capabilities), have a pleasant demeanor, and be knowledgeable of facility programs, fees and policies. Cash handling experience preferred. Qualifications: Weekend and evening work is mandatory. Minimum age: 18
Montgomery County Parks is seeking Tennis Instructors for the Wheaton Indoor and Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Centers. Tennis Instructors will be responsible for using current instructional techniques and for following an approved curriculum. Tennis instructors must have a collaborative and professional approach with other instructors and cooperate in a teamwork environment. Tennis instructors must be willing to accept feedback from patrons and assure they are receiving the best service possible. Performance will be measured by customer surveys and Tennis Instructors are expected to create a safe, fun and engaging learning environment for a very diverse clientele. This is a part time, year-round position, and not benefit eligible at this time. The person in this position will not work more than 1560 hours in a rolling calendar year. Schedules may vary depending on class schedule. Only Montgomery County Parks Tennis Instructors who teach the required minimum number of group lessons year-round will be permitted to also teach private lessons at the two indoor tennis facilities.
The ideal candidate must be flexible, detail-oriented, and enjoy working with diverse groups of people of all ages and ability levels. The incumbent will be expected to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills. Works closely with the Management team and takes their direction on various projects designed to grow participation at the indoor facilities and create new programs and services. Must be highly organized and proficient in emails, texting and filling out paperwork. Willingness to take on new projects is a plus.
Examples of Important Duties
- Teach group junior and adult lessons
- Attend staff meetings and share what is working and your challenges
- Ensure proper record keeping such as class attendance
- Listen and follow up on customer concerns and feedback and see problems through to a positive resolution
- Give managers feedback on student performance and assure students are in the best fit for their level
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer expectations
- Maintain and distribute student evaluation forms
- Forward all concerns to manager
USPTA (Professional) or PTR (Assoc. Instructor) certification as well as experience with 10 and Under Tennis instructional methods, equipment, and play formats. Wheelchair/adaptive tennis experience also desirable.
Work hours include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Indoor Tennis Rules and Regulations
Patrons must adhere to the rules stated below for use of indoor tennis facilities, so that all may enjoy playing in a safe and friendly facility.
- Play at own risk.
- Only instructors employed by the M-NCPPC may teach private and/or group lessons at the facility. Any member of the public is welcome to work with other direct family members; however, players may not bring their own ball hoppers and/or ball machines onto the courts. There is a limit of 9 tennis balls (3 cans) per court.
- Conducting and/or soliciting of any business, trade, or occupation, including taking photographs and/or motion pictures for commercial use is prohibited unless authorized by a M-NCPPC permit. All permits are subject to change by M-NCPPC.
- The reservation holder may not sell or transfer reserved time, in part or in whole, to any other individual or group.
- Players may use only the courts assigned to them. Players are not permitted to go onto any court prior to their reserved time. Warming up on empty courts is prohibited.
- No more than four players are allowed on a court, unless they are part of an approved M-NCPPC program.
- The official facility clock will be used to determine court change over. An alert will sound on the hour to notify all players of court changes.
- All players must clean and vacate the courts as soon as their reserved time has ended. Any player remaining on the court past his/her reserved time will be charged for an additional hour.
- Please discard all trash and recyclable items in appropriate receptacles. Water is allowed on courts in plastic containers only. No other food or drink is allowed on courts, and glass containers are prohibited.
- All players must wear non-marking, light-soled tennis shoes and proper tennis attire.
- The deliberate hitting of balls at the ceiling, wall, curtains, light fixtures, and clocks is prohibited.
- The lobby, locker rooms and showers are only for the use of facility patrons.
- Players must be courteous to other players and to facility staff. Profanity is strictly prohibited.
- Unattended children are not permitted in the facility.
- M-NCPPC is not responsible for lost or unsecured items.
- The presence or consumption of alcoholic beverages on Park property is strictly prohibited.
- All vehicles must be parked only in designated parking spaces.
- The reservation holder understands they are responsible for adhering to all applicable Park Regulations while using the facility.
- Failure to comply with the conditions in this reservation may result in the immediate cancellation of the reservation, possible loss of reserved time and other fees paid, and may result in removal from the facility or being barred from future use of M-NCPPC tennis facilities.