This park features a playground, a casual use softball field, a multi-use field, a basketball court, and two tennis courts. The Kemp Mill Park Activity Building is also available to rent. The park seems much larger than its 12 acres because it partially borders the 1,200-acre Northwest Branch Stream Valley Park. Montgomery Parks acquired Kemp Mill Estates Local Park in 1962. This park is maintained without the use of pesticides.
The Kemp Mill Park Activity Building provides a convenient, unique, and affordable location for your next party, bridal shower, graduation party, meeting, or event! The building features a kitchen and nearby playground, permitted field, tennis courts, and basketball court.
- Shared Parking (18 spaces, 2 accessible spaces)
- Kitchen (Refrigerator & Warming Oven)
- Keyless Entry
- Basketball court (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
- Tennis Court (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
75 Max (Standing room only)
Park Activity Building Reservations – Availability
Park Activity Buildings are available year-round on weekdays and weekends. Park Activity Buildings are available for reservations in two-time slots per day. Please choose from either 10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m. or 5 – 11 p.m. If you wish to reserve a different time slot, it must be a minimum of 8 hours or more.
Reservation can only be made over the phone by calling the Permit Office at (301) 495-2525 during business hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Reservations are first-come, first-served basis and can be made up to six months in advance.
Permit Office: 301-495-2525
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To tour this Park Activity Building before renting, contact the Park Permits Office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to acquire your access and alarm codes to the building.
Rental Fee Includes
- Tables and chairs are included in the rental fee
- Renter is responsible for setting up and cleaning areas and the kitchen if used.
- PLEASE NOTE: Park amenities are available at this location. Please be aware that some amenities are fee-based and some are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the case of permitted fields or courts, customers with the appropriate permit have priority.
Rules and Regulations
All Permit Holders must follow M-NCPPC rules and regulations as well as the specific Guidelines and Conditions of Use as stated on the facility permit. Also, visit with our knowledgeable Permits staff on how to best accommodate and plan your event.
Visit ActiveMontgomery.org and Request a Reservation for an athletic field.