fbpx Skip to the content
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Home / Permits & Rentals / Permits & Rentals – Food Truck and Vendor Permit

Permits & Rentals – Food Truck and Vendor Permit

Permit for the Resale of Food, Beverages, Memorabilia

Food, beverage, and memorabilia vendors must have a Montgomery Parks permit to sell or distribute on parkland. To obtain a permit, complete the Temporary Concession Permit Form and return it to the Parks Permit Office. See the Vendors section below. The vendor permitting process can take up to two weeks. For an association or organization to host an event, each vendor is required to submit a permit. For more information on hosting a Special Event.


  1. Complete the Temporary Concession Permit Form (pdf)
  2. Return it to Park Permits Office one of these ways.
    • Email your completed form to Park Permits.
    • Mail your completed form to
      Montgomery Parks M-NCPPC Park Permits Office
      2425 Reedie Drive Wheaton, MD 20902.
  3. Call the Park Permits Office at 301-495-2525.

What licenses are needed to sell on parkland?

In addition to your completed permit, provide the following documents:

  1. State Tax and Use License.
  2. Current food license from Montgomery County Health and Human Services Department.
  3. Certificate of Liability Insurance listing M-NCPPC, 2425 Reedie Drive, Wheaton, MD 20902, as a secondary insured on the certificate in the amounts of $1,000,000 per accident/$500,000 per person.
  4. One-day or seasonal liquor license from Montgomery County Alcohol Beverage Services Department (alcohol sales only).

How far in advance must I submit a permit before the expected vending date?

Please submit your permit request two weeks before your event’s requested date.

How long will it take me to receive my permit?

It will take approximately 3-5 business days to process your request.

When is alcohol permitted to sell?

  • Alcohol sales are permissible in selected parks. Contact the Permits Office for available locations.
  • Alcohol sales are allowable at permitted special events.

What are the vendor’s hours on parkland?

Parks are open from sunrise to sunset, and vendors have use of the permitted location during those hours. However, we ask vendors to note their hours in the permit request, so park staff knows you are onsite.

If I hold a current license in Virginia or DC, can I sell in Montgomery Parks?

To sell food or beverages, you must obtain a current food license from the Montgomery County Health and Human Services Department in addition to the mentioned licenses.

Can I have exclusive use of a park location?

Vendor permits are on a first-come, first-served basis. Depending on the park’s size and type, food trucks may be approved to vend exclusively at a park locations. Please get in touch with our Permits Office for more details.

Where are food trucks/concessions not allowed?

Food trucks are not permitted on Montgomery Parks leased property like SoccerPLEX, Event Centers, and Brookside Gardens. Please get in touch with the Permits Office for more information.

What will happen if I don’t obtain a permit?

Your concessions will be closed and Montgomery Parks Police may issue a civil citation.

How can I find out what food vendors are available?

Contact the Permits Office for a list of possible vendors.

Does Montgomery Parks have designated food trucks or concession areas?

There is no designated vendor location, but our Permits Office is happy to help you determine the areas best suited for your business. 

Terms and Conditions Food, Beverage, Memorabilia Vendor Permit

  • Permit Holders to adhere to the hours of operations stated on the permit issued not to exceed Park hours of sunrise to sunset.
  • All equipment, food, merchandise, and necessary licenses must be provided by the Permit Holder.
  • In the event that any law now existing or which hereafter may be passed by any lawful authority, County, Federal or State, shall require the payment of any license fees, taxes, or other charges on account of the use of operation of said equipment, said charges shall be paid by the Permit Holder.
  • Upon execution of this contract, the Permit Holder shall make a flat fee payment per the fee schedule, payable to M-NCPPC. Failure to do so will be cause for immediate revocation of this contract.
  • The Permit Holder may only operate at the specific facilities or locations reserved on the permit contract.
  • The Permit holder will provide trash cans adjacent to the snack cart. These trash cans must be emptied and all trash removed at the end of each day.
  • The Permit Holder is responsible for any necessary cleaning and trash removal resulting from the delivery of the vendor’s products. All trash must be removed from the park site.
  • The Permit Holder must furnish the Commission with a copy of their current State Sales and use Tax License and their Food Service Facility License issued by Montgomery County Government, Department of Health and Human Services. Both of these documents shall be incorporated as attachments to this contract.
  • Follow all rules and regulations stated on the permit and any other requirements deemed necessary by M-NCPPC. Montgomery Parks Rules and Regulations
  • Provide a valid certificate of liability insurance written by a carrier licensed to write insurance in the state of Maryland with limits of $500,000.00 per person and $1,000,000.00 per accident or injury incurred.
  • Any violation of the Terms and Conditions will be cause for denial of future permits of this type.

If you are considering selling alcohol, please contact the Permits Office for more details.
Phone: 301-495-2525 Email Park Permits Office