O Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo?
In Montgomery Parks, of course!
Throughout the summer season, Montgomery Parks is hosting Parks Playhouse with a series of free, live performances to celebrate the artistry of great local artists, troupes, and groups.
The summer lineup includes: themed comedy shows for Mother’s Day and Pride Month with Improbable Comedy, classic Shakespeare plays, puppet theater companies, and more! Performances will be rolling throughout the summer, at different park locations, so be sure to check out the list below.
Audience members are encouraged to bring their own blankets and chairs for seating. Stop by a local Montgomery County restaurant on the way and pick up some yummy snacks and make it a picnic! Food and drink will be available for purchase at a limited number of events.
For little art lovers, Montgomery Parks is also hosting Parks Playhouse Junior — live performances geared to kids ages three through twelve. Be sure to scroll below for information!
See below for all upcoming Parks Playhouse performances and mark your calendars! Click on each date below to view more details about the event.
- An Evening of Spoken Word | Thursday, May 19* | Josiah Henson Museum & Park | Event Opens at 6:00 pm, Show at 7:00 pm
*Rain date for this event will be on Thursday, May 26
- Mother of All Comedy Show | Friday, May 20 | Waters House Special Park | Event Opens at 6 pm, Show at 7 pm
- PRIDE in the Park: An LGBTQ Comedy Show | Thursday, June 9 | Fairview Urban Road Park | Event Opens at 6:00 pm, Show at 7:00 pm
- CANCELED Alex & Olmsted | Saturday, June 11 | Cabin John Regional Park Amphitheater | Show begins at 3:00 pm
- Comedy as a Second Language | Friday, July 15 | Long Branch-Arliss Neighborhood Park | Event Opens at 6:00 pm, Show at 7:00 pm
- Seltzer: A Sober Comedy Show | Friday, August 19 | Cabin John Regional Park Amphitheater | Event Opens at 6:00 pm, Show at 7:00 pm
Event Guidelines and Rules
- Guests are to follow Park Rules and Regulations at each of the Parks Playhouse events.
- Information for each event will vary depending on performance and location, so make sure to click each date to learn more.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own seating such as lawn chairs, blankets, stools, etc. Tents, hammocks, and canopies are not allowed.
- Dogs are welcome at the events but must be on a leash while on Montgomery Parks property.
- Restrooms will be available at each of the events.
- Guests are allowed to bring outside food to the events.
- No outside alcohol is permitted at the events.
Parks Playhouse Junior
Looking for something to do in the morning with your little ones this summer? Bring your kids out to Parks Playhouse Junior for a morning filled with fun entertainment they are sure to love! The performers will get your kids moving and grooving by keeping them engaged with puppetry, music, and more.
See below for a full lineup of performances throughout the summer! Click on each date below to view more details about the event.
- Kidsinger Jim Concert | Tuesday, June 7 | 10:00 am | Ellsworth Urban Park
- CANCELED The Puppet Co. | Saturday, June 11 | 10:00 am | Cabin John Regional Park Amphitheater
- New Orchestra of Washington Music Workshop | Friday, June 17 | 10:00 am | Wheaton Local Park
- CANCELED Silly Goose Goes Green | Thursday, June 23 | 10:00 am | South Germantown Recreational Park Adventure Playground
- Kidsinger Jim Puppet Show | Wednesday, July 6 | 10:00 am | South Germantown Recreational Park Adventure Playground
- Silly Goose Goes Green | Thursday, July 14 | 10:00 am | Ellsworth Urban Park
- New Orchestra of Washington Music Workshop | Tuesday, July 19 | 10:00 am | Falls Road Local Park
- The Puppet Co. | Saturday, July 30 | 10:00 am | Edgewood Neighborhood Park
- New Orchestra of Washington Music Workshop | Thursday, August 11 | 10:00 am | Flower Ave Urban Park
- The Puppet Co. | Saturday, August 13 | 10:00 am | Falls Road Local Park
- Kidsinger Jim Puppet Show | Tuesday, August 16 | 10:00 am | Edgewood Neighborhood Park