True Respite Brewing will be on site offering various beers for purchase, both at the main event area AND as a refuel option at the halfway point of the hike! Satisfy all your Oktoberfest food cravings with pastrami-on-rye from Corned Beef King, sausages and hot dogs galore from Dog Haus Biergarten, and indulge in sweet AND savory crepes from Rita’s Crepes!
Maryland’s own Shane Gamble and his band will be taking the stage all day to help kick off Oktoberfest the right way. With two albums already released, Shane has made a name for himself in the music industry, with a Billboard Top 40 single “Beautiful Work” and a breakout number 1 hit “Turn My Way”. He’s also been featured on Spotify’s “Fresh Finds” and “New Music Nashville” playlists.
Interested in getting a birds eye view of Lake Needwood? Bring your kids for an exciting chance to climb some trees along the lake, spotted and supported by the Parks Tree Climbing Crew. This opportunity is for children only.
To help plan your day at Parks Ale Trail, here’s a brief schedule of events:
- 11:00 AM: Event Start
- Vendors begin selling food and drinks
- Tree Climbing begins
- Trail and halfway point beer garden are open for use
- 11:30 AM: Shane Gamble and the band liven up the park with live music
- 2:30 PM: Enjoy your last stroll on the trail before the end of the day!
- 3:00 PM: Event ends – and look forward to more Parks events!
This event is free, but food and drinks are available for purchase only.
- Alcohol may not leave the event area. No alcohol is allowed on the trail at Lake Needwood. Drinks must be finished before hiking.
- Guests under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The Westside Trail is comprised of mainly compressed gravel, so it is suitable for wheeled vehicles like strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs. The main entrance to the trail, however, is loose gravel, and on an incline, so please plan accordingly.
- Guests must show valid form of identification when purchasing alcohol. Guests under 21 who attempt to purchase alcohol will be removed from the event.
- Dogs are allowed at this event, and must follow all dog park rules and regulations.
- Free on-site parking is available in multiple lots at Lake Needwood. Follow event signage when you arrive.