Community Gardens Program
The community gardens program offers Montgomery County residents parkland for local food production. Garden with 500 fellow gardeners from all over the County. Our community gardeners grow much more than vegetables and flowers. Community Gardens make positive environmental, economic, and aesthetic impacts on daily lives. Montgomery Parks will respond as the program grows by increasing community garden spaces.
As part of the Community, Gardners agree:
- Observe the rules governing the garden
- Join the communication listserv for their garden location
- Be active participants in the community
- Keep the communal areas weeded and chipped
- Contribute eight communal service hours annually.
- Perform community garden maintenance tasks as directed by the Parks Volunteer Garden Liaisons in each garden.