Surrounded by parkland and popular park amenities, Norwood Local Park is a popular spot to play in Bethesda! This park features two playgrounds, five tennis courts, lighted basketball courts, two softball fields, a soccer/football overlay field, a soccer overlay field, and two park activity buildings. One activity building is available to rent for birthday parties, meetings, and special events. The other building is currently leased by the Norwood Daycare. M-NCPPC acquired the park in 1937. This park is maintained without the use of pesticides.
Norwood/Bethesda Chevy Chase Park Activity Building
The Norwood/Bethesda Chevy Chase Park Activity Building is a unique location for birthday parties, showers, graduation parties, meetings, and other events. Featuring a kitchen and restrooms, the building is centrally located near playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, permitted ballfields, and a picnic area.
- Shared Parking (40 spaces, two accessible spaces)
- Kitchen (Refrigerator & Warming Oven)
- Picnic Area
- Keyless Entry
- Please note that this facility is not air-conditioned.
- Capacity 64 Max (Standing room only)
- Basketball courts (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
- Tennis Courts (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
- Permitted ballfield (Contact Park Permits Office to reserve)
Park Activity Building Reservations – Availability
Park Activity Buildings are available year-round on weekdays and weekends. Park Activity Buildings are available for reservations in two-time slots per day. Please choose from either 10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m. or 5 – 11 p.m. If you wish to reserve a different time slot, it must be a minimum of 8 hours or more.
Reservation can only be made over the phone by calling the Permit Office at (301) 495-2525 during business hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Reservations are first-come, first-served basis and can be made up to six months in advance.
Permit Office: 301-495-2525
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To tour this Park Activity Building before renting, contact the Park Permits Office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to acquire your access and alarm codes to the building.
Rental Fee Includes
- Tables and chairs are included in the rental fee
- Renter is responsible for setting up and cleaning areas and the kitchen if used.
- PLEASE NOTE: Park amenities are available at this location. Please be aware that some amenities are fee-based and some are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the case of permitted fields or courts, customers with the appropriate permit have priority.
Rules and Regulations
All Permit Holders must follow M-NCPPC rules and regulations as well as the specific Guidelines and Conditions of Use as stated on the facility permit. Also, visit with our knowledgeable Permits staff on how to best accommodate and plan your event.
Visit ActiveMontgomery.org and Request a Reservation for an athletic field.