Enjoy nature and activities in an urban setting at Germantown Town Center Urban Park! Conveniently located within walking distance to nearby housing, the Germantown Regional Library, the Black Rock Center for the Arts, and numerous local businesses and restaurants, this park offers an area where community members can enjoy events, get active, and more.
The park features unique lighting and is open after hours. Features of the park include:
- Open lawn areas for casual recreation such as volleyball, frisbee, dog walking, kite flying, ball tossing, and more.
- An outdoor area for community festivals, events, and performances.
- Unique seating, picnic areas, bicycle racks, and a drinking fountain.
- Attractive wetland and storm water management facilities that serve as primary water features and focal points for the park while also creating a natural habitat for birds, fish, and other stream and wildlife.
- Loop trails for walking within the park, including boardwalks and bridges to span wetland areas.
- Pedestrian and bike path connections to adjacent spaces.
- Attractive lighting for safety and use after dark.
The state of Maryland provided $1.5 million in Program Open Space funding for the park. This 8.80-acre urban park officially opened to the public in the fall of 2015.