Summer Camp Scholarships
In partnership with the Montgomery Parks Foundation, the Marye Wells-Harley Dream Camp Scholarship is a community-funded program whose mission is to provide camp scholarships to young people, ages 3 – 18, from diverse backgrounds within Montgomery County. Summer camps provide children opportunities to push beyond their comfort zone and try something new, build social skills, grow emotionally, build confidence, be physical, and have fun. We believe camp is a place that changes lives, and we want every child to have the opportunity to experience the joys of summer camp. The Marye Wells-Harley Dream Camp Scholarship Fund supports the many residents that may be financially unable to participate in Summer Camp Programs and remains committed to serving the needs of all residents of Montgomery County.
The information in your application is kept confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of establishing financial need. All scholarship awards are need-based and will be given out until all scholarship funds for the season are gone.
Summer Camp Scholarship Guidelines:
- Applicants are not evaluated on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identification or physical ability
- Scholarship applications will only be accepted for Montgomery County residents
- Staff of Montgomery Parks and their relatives are not eligible for scholarship assistance
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
- Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need
- Funding is limited and scholarships are not guaranteed to all applicants
- No other discounts or promotions may be used with camper scholarships
Summer Camp Scholarship Recipient Requirements:
- Submit completed application
- Submit documentation demonstrating need by including any one (1) of the following:
- Proof of assistance from the Department of Social Services (current award letter with dates of eligibility)
- Proof of eligibility for Free and Reduced Meal (FARM) program for current year
- Proof of eligibility by the Montgomery County Department of Recreation
- Verification of SSI (current year)
- Submit Proof of residency
*Scholarship Recipients will be asked to provide an essay, video, or note to be shared with scholarship benefactors after the conclusion of camp. Permission from Parents/Guardians will be requested following summer camp.
Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, January 16. You will be notified via email or regular U.S. mail if an award is made in your child’s name. We will continue reviewing applications until all award funding has been distributed. Parents/Guardians are responsible for transporting camper to and from the program location.
Lunch will not be provided. Morning and afternoon extended care is included if provided by the individual camp.
For how many scholarships can I apply?
To extend scholarships to as many campers as we can, scholarship awards are limited to one week of programming per camper per year. One application is required per camper.