Little Bennett Campground is Montgomery County’s only campground. For County residents, it offers the perfect getaway close to home. For RV travelers from near and far, it offers Full Hook-Up and Pull-Thru sites that are beautiful and wooded. Whether you’re a first-time camper or a veteran camper, Little Bennett Campground will provide you with immaculate facilities in the heart of the woods.
Enjoy miles of hiking, biking and trails throughout 3,700 acres of forests and meadows. With more than 25 miles of trails to explore, 91 wooded campsites from which to choose, three cabins, three yurts, and a variety of weekend activities available in season for all age groups and interests, Little Bennett Campground is a perfect weekend getaway or vacation spot.
Each of Little Bennett’s 91 campsites offers a tranquil setting with ample opportunities to enjoy the scenic splendor of the park. Campsite amenities include a two-vehicle gravel parking area, picnic table, campfire ring, and lantern post. Each of the 63 tent sites have a tent pad. 22 sites are available with Full Hook-Ups (Water/Electric/Sewer). There are also 3 cabins and 3 yurts.
Bathhouses with sinks, showers, toilet facilities and drinking fountains are located within walking distance of each site. Water spigots are randomly located throughout each camping loop. The dump station is situated adjacent to the Campground Entrance Gate.
A minimum of two-nights are required for all reservations. Bathhouses are closed MARCH and NOVEMBER. Campers may enjoy a maximum stay of 30 nights on Loop D and 14 nights on all other Loops.
March through November** (In-Season)
**Bath Houses closed in March and November
Check-In Time: 1:00 p.m.
Check-Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
Loop D (Full-Hook Up sites) is the only loop open. Cabins are not available during Off-Season. Bathhouses are closed. Portable toilets are available near Loop D. We suggest that guests unhook their water hose when the temperature is below freezing. A minimum of two-nights are required for all reservations. Campers may enjoy a maximum stay of 30 nights on Loop D. In the event of snow, the main roads will be plowed but the sites will not.
Check-In Time: 1:00 p.m.
Check-Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
*All cancellations/changes must be in writing by email to LittleBennettCampground@montgomeryparks.org by the permit holder
*Changing the dates of a reservation is considered a cancellation and will follow the same refund policy
*Refunds will not be given due to unfavorable weather
Campsites & Yurts
- Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to arrival will receive a full refund
- Cancellations made at least 3 days prior to arrival but less than 14 days will receive a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee ($25 fee applies if you choose to change dates during this time)
- Cancellations made less than 3 days from the arrival date will not receive a refund
Example: if your reservation begins on a Friday, you have until Tuesday of that week to receive at least a partial refund.
- Cancellations made 21 days or more prior to arrival will receive a full refund
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to arrival but less than 21 days will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee ($50 fee applies if you choose to change dates during this time)
- Cancellations made less than 10 days from the arrival date will not receive a refund
- Sites & Yurts: Check-In – 1pm, Check-Out – 11am
- Cabins: Check-In – 3pm, Check-Out – 11am
- Quiet Hours – 11pm-7am
- Campers must be 18 years of age to reserve a tent or full-hook up site and 21 years of age to reserve a cabin or yurt.
- Two-night minimum required.
- Campers may enjoy a maximum stay of 30 nights on Loop D – RV sites and Cabins and a maximum stay of 14 nights on Loops A, B, C and E – Tent sites and Yurts. After staying the maximum amount of nights, guests must vacate the campground for at least three nights.
- Beer and wine are permitted at campsites only and must be concealed. No alcohol is permitted in common areas of the campground. No liquor is permitted on campground property.
- No more than 2 tents or 1 RV and 1 tent per site. No more than 6 individuals may occupy one campsite.
- Little Bennett Campground is not responsible for the loss of valuables or personal items.
- Vehicles must be parked on the parking pad at the site. No parking off the gravel or on the road.
- Campground visitors must register and pay at the Camp Store to obtain vehicle tag and amenity wristbands. Only registered campers or registered visitors may use the campground facilities or amenities.
- The campground is not a day-use area. Only permitted campers or registered visitors are allowed.
- Children under age 13 must be under adult supervision.
- Picnic tables are not to be moved.
- Pets are permitted if kept on a leash. Pets may not be left unattended and waste must be cleaned up. Dogs are permitted in the pet-friendly yurts and cabins, for an additional fee.
- Dishes should be washed at your site in a bucket or in your camper – NOT at the water spigots OR in the bathhouses.
- Fires are permitted in the fire ring or grill only. Fires must not be left unattended.
- Due to the spread of tree-harming invasive species, firewood may not be brought into the campground. Firewood may be purchased at the Camp Store.
- Cutting any standing tree is considered the destruction of property and subject to criminal penalty.
- The use of chain saws for any reason is prohibited.
- Refer to the Montgomery Parks Rules and Regulations Chapter IV, Section 15 regarding weapons.
- Permits may be revoked without refund for failure to follow these rules and regulations.
Rental Pavilion & Rental Group Fire Ring Rules
1. Maximum capacity for Pavilion and Group Fire Ring – 40 people.
2. Setup and cleanup must take place during the reserved time.
3. Permit holder is responsible for maintaining orderly conduct among all guests.
4. Alcohol is NOT permitted at the Pavilion or Group Fire Ring – only at campsites.
5. Permit holder is responsible for removing all signs, decorations and trash before the rental period ends. If the Pavilion
or Group Fire Ring area need excessive cleanup, a $50 charge will be added to the permit.
6. Loud, offensive, or excessive noise which disturbs other park patrons is not permitted.
7. Vehicles must be parked in the nearest parking lot to the Pavilion and Group Fire Ring. Driving on the grass is
prohibited. No parking is permitted on the shoulder of the roads. If the parking lot if full, please park in the
Maintenance Yard parking lot (enter from Frederick Road) and walk over or coordinate to be picked up.