Join us for an Earth Day Weekend Garlic Mustard Pull
Join Mark, Weed Warrior Supervisor, for a non-native, invasive plant removal event at Cabin John Local Park, 7401 MacArthur Blvd., Cabin John, MD. We will meet at the trailhead near the playground. We will focus on pulling and bagging garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata), a biennial non-native, invasive plant that smells like garlic!
Please wear clothes that can get dirty (including long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves), rain gear as necessary, and sturdy, closed-toed shoes. Bring work gloves, a few sturdy trash bags, and bug spray, if you have them. Gloves and bags are available to borrow if you don’t have your own. No power tools or machetes allowed. Please bring water to drink.
Please note: Court Ordered Volunteer Hours can’t be granted through this workday.
This event is capped at 25 registrants.
This workday is pre-approved for MCPS SSL hours and is open for all ages. Volunteers 14 and under must be accompanied by a registered, responsible adult.
*If you or anyone in your household are sick, waiting for Covid test results, and/or have tested positive for Covid (regardless of vaccination status) you are not eligible to volunteer at this time.*
All volunteers must register online: Click here to register for the event
How to register
- Click “Schedule”
- Pick the shift you are interested in.
- If you don’t have an account in our system, please create one.
- If you already have an account in the database, but forgot your login info, email the WW Volunteer Coordinator, and don’t create a new account.
- More details, including the exact meeting location, will be emailed to you after you register.
- For questions about the event, contact Weed Warrior Supervisor Mark.
Learn more about the Weed Warrior program.