Save the trees and the stream valley ecosystem
Join James, Weed Warrior Supervisor, for a non-native, invasive plant removal workday in Long Branch Stream Valley Unit 1 (between Piney Branch Rd and Carroll Ave), in Takoma Park, MD. More details, including the exact meeting location, will be emailed to you after you register.
We will be focusing on non-native, invasive vines, especially porcelainberry (Ampelopsis glandulosa var. brevipedunculata). Native Virginia creeper and poison ivy are also present and beneficial, so we will avoid those.
Please wear long pants that cover your ankles, long sleeves, and sturdy, closed-toed shoes. Bring gloves, pruners, small folding hand saws and/or loppers if you have them. Gloves and tools are available to borrow if you don’t have your own. No power tools or machetes allowed. Please bring water to drink. Please note: Court Ordered Volunteer Hours can’t be granted through this workday.
This event is capped at 12 people.
This workday is pre-approved for MCPS SSL hours. Volunteers must be 16 years or older to join this event.
*If you or anyone in your household are sick, waiting for Covid test results, and/or have tested positive for Covid (regardless of vaccination status) you are not eligible to volunteer at this time.*
All volunteers must register online: Click here to register for the event
How to register
- Click “Schedule”
- Pick the shift you are interested in.
- If you don’t have an account in our system, please create one.
- If you already have an account in the database, but forgot your login info, email the WW Volunteer Coordinator, and don’t create a new account.
- More details, including the exact meeting location, will be emailed to you after you register.
- For questions about the event, contact Weed Warrior Supervisor James.
Learn more about the Weed Warrior program.