Come out to Lake Needwood in Rock Creek Regional Park for Montgomery Parks’ Shamrockin’ Run on March 13 at 11am! This hiker/biker trail provides great views of Lake Needwood and gives you the chance to get some steps in before the holiday. The looped trail is about 2.7 miles, and a combination of surfaces.
This event is free! Please be advised that any child under the age of 15 must be always accompanied by an adult. We are more than happy to accommodate your four–legged dog friends, but please adhere to park rules and be sure they are always leashed.
All county and state guidelines regarding COVID-19 are in place. Masks are required and social distancing is enforced. Groups of 6 or less are encouraged, and only 25 people can register per start time.
Start Times available are:
Notes on the Trail:
- **The trail is not recommended for strollers or other vehicles with wheels. The surface is comprised of gravel, rock, and various tree roots along the path, and we do not advise using those items on this trail.**
- The Rock Creek Hiker–Biker Trail at Lake Needwood is comprised of gravel, natural, and paved surfaces. Be careful and watch your footing. Be advised that some spots are narrower and steeper than others.
- Please use the Rock Creek Hiker–Biker Trail parking lot. The event will start and end in that lot.
- Park Police will be on site to direct traffic and assist guests with portions of the trail that are along the road.
- All turns will be marked with directional arrows marked with the Montgomery Parks logo, as well as green flags along the entire trail to help you stay on course.
- Registration is required in advance of the race.
- Race begins at 11 am and the last guest will be allowed to begin at 2:45 pm.
- Face coverings are required for the entirety of the event.
- All park rules and regulations are in place, including those regarding physical distancing and face coverings.
- All children under the age of 15 must always be in sight of, or accompanied by, their parent or guardian. Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to register by themselves.
- Only 25 guests are permitted to register for each time slot. Please plan accordingly!
- Please be aware of any physical distancing barriers that are set-up at the check in area. These are for the safety of all guests and staff at the event.